Nov 6th to Nov. 13
- Please be sure that you are reading independently. I will make some time to discuss this on Nov. 13th to ensure that everyone is on track.
- Be sure to review the fallacies that were presented and reviewed in class. use your notes, as well as the examples that are in the handout I provided.
- You need to know the following fallacies for the assessment on 11/13:
- Non Sequitur
- Ad hominem
- False Analogy
- Appeal to Authority
- Bandwagon Argument
- Hasty Generalization
- False Dichotomy
- Red Herring
- Review the project that was introduced: Critical Issues in Varied Media
- Brainstorm ideas for the project on the Google Doc
- Start to identify possible sources. Be ready to discuss your ideas, as well as share some initial sources in class on Nov. 13th.
Nov. 13 – Nov 20
During class, we reviewed the Critical Issues In Varied Media project and took the fallacies assessment.
By Friday (11/15) Send me a message or email with the following information for approval:
- Project Topic
- If you are working with someone
- Possible Sources (direct links are best)
- Media on which you will focus (be specific)
On Wednesday (11/20), you should bring in a draft of Part 1 of the Critical Issues project for review and feedback. The more you can bring in, the better.
Wednesday, Nov 20th
Please work on the following:
- Assignment #5: Ethics and Morals Film Viewing and Response – Due 12/2
- Independent Reading Self-Reflection Due 12/4
- Critical Issues in Varied Media – Draft due 12/4, final draft due 12/11
Wednesday, Nov. 27th
Please work on everything that is due. You may schedule a zoom meeting by contacting me on remind,